Thursday 27 March 2014

Movie Review - Divergent by Veronica Roth

Title: 
Divergent
Book to Movie Adaptation from: 
Veronica Roth
Series: 
The Divergent trilogy
Sequel:
On March 21, 2014, Lionsgate officially greenlit the film adaptation of Insurgent, expected to be released March 20, 2015
Official Movie Site:
Offical Divergent IMDb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/

Summary: 

(From the Divergent IMDb page)
In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late. 
Review:
(Spoiler Alert)
Divergent.
Divergent.
Divergent.
Well...
The Divergent Series is on my top three list of favorite series so I was really excited for the book to movie adaptation. However, even though I personally feel that it follows the book version pretty well, I do feel disappointed. Not that I wasn't expecting that because book-to-movie adaptations sigh...
I'm not exactly sure what I feel is missing but I just didn't feel that thrill in the movie as I felt in the books. I have felt this thrill in certain book to movie adaptations before but I didn't have this feeling in this movie. It's that feeling of something so so so epic and you can't wait for the next moment and stuff but it just didn't come on as strongly for this movie. 
I really did have very high hopes for this movie because Divergent duh. I was so excited that I paid extra to go for the premier and stuff and on the whole I'm still pretty satisfied.
So of course as I still love the Divergent series and ohmigoshTheoJames. And apparently Uriah is coming out finally? I love Uriah! I am going to watch Insurgent. In fact I am excited for the movie as I feel that they did put in the effort in Divergent to make the movie similar to the book. The setting and props and everything was also marvelous. 
So yes I am going to watch the movie with high expectations again and most likely get disappointed again because this was happening ahemPJOahemTMIahem.

And there you have it, my review for the Divergent Movie. Please do leave any comments or points you would like to discuss with me about!
Rating: 
3.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)