Friday 11 April 2014

Book Review - Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (ARC copy)


Title: 
Dangerous Creatures
Author: 
Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Expected Publication Date: 
20th May 2014
Series:
Dangerous Creatures #1
(Spin-off from Beautiful Creatures Series)
Publisher:
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Description: 

From the world of Beautiful Creatures-a dangerous new tale of love and magic.Ridley Duchannes is nobody's heroine. She's a Dark Caster, a Siren. She can make you do things. Anything. You can't trust her, or yourself when she's around. And she'll be the first to tell you to stay away-especially if you're going to do something as stupid as fall in love with her.

Lucky for Ridley, her wannabe rocker boyfriend, Wesley "Link" Lincoln, never listens to anyone. Link doesn't care if Rid's no good for him, and he takes her along when he leaves small-town Gatlin to follow his rock-star dream. He teams up with a ragtag group of Dark Casters, and when the band scores a gig at a hot Underground club, it looks like all of Link's dreams are about to come true.

But New York City is a dangerous place for both Casters and Mortals, and soon Ridley realizes that Link's bandmates are keeping secrets. With bad-boy club owner Lennox Gates on her heels, Rid is determined to find out the truth. What she discovers is worse than she could have imagined: Link has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay. With their lives on the line, what's a Siren to do?

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the #1 New York Times bestselling coauthors of the Beautiful Creatures novels, are back to cast another magical spell. Their signature blend of mystery, suspense, and romance, with a healthy dose of wit and danger, will pull fans in and leave them begging for more.


Rating: 
4.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars
Review:
So as you can tell, I got an ARC of Dangerous Creatures :D 
Yes, let it set in. 
The spinoff series of Beautiful Creatures.  
Which I got an ARC of :)
ahem well. 

Firstly obviously, I would like to thank the kind people at Little, Brown Books. Also thank you Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia for writing another beautiful book together. I would also like to thank Netgalley because duh I got the news and the book through Netgalley so thank you!

Now, let's see. Did I enjoy the book? Do I think it's better than Beautiful Creature? Will I be buying a copy of the book when it's out? Yes. Yes. And hell yes. In my opinion I think its ALOT better than Beautiful Creatures! So yes I will most definitely need to add this beauty to my shelf as soon as it is out.

Okay, I'll admit I didn't really enjoy Beautiful Creatures because it started off flatter than what I liked. But this book was like a whirlwind and rollercoaster put together so it's a bam bam bam kaboomzzz and then dkfslnskanlraora okay I'll stop.

I loved loved loved this book to bits and have I mentioned how much I love Link. Because I love Link. So so much! Like Link X Rid always! <3

There's one thing I think may may MAY be a problem though. The copy I am reading is an ARC and changes may be made so I'm not sure what will happen in the final book. I think my ARC is pretty complete but I could be wrong. Currently, I feel that if you have not read the book it may be a bit confusing - like who is this, who is that, wait what happened and stuff. But if you just read or know the general idea of Beautiful Creatures, it is still quite easy to understand the book.

Unfortunately, I can't say much or quote because this book is still uncorrected advance content. All I can say now is that this book is great. I love it. The action, the plot, the characters. (P.S. RidXLink is 5ever! They are so beautiful together!) This is so so so well-written that I just want to flail so badly! :3

I will be reviewing this again when it is out. I will be talking about the content, more on the characters and various crackpot theories (What may happen in the future, etc. - like the ending oh my gosh urg). When you guys get to read the book, do comment down below and I would love to discuss this with you! If you have read the ARC also, please do comment below and we can private message because I NEED to talk about this beautiful wonderful book!

Thank you so much for reading this review! This is such a well-written book. Do go buy it when the book is out! I can't wait for the sequel! It's that good! Like have you ever felt that urge to need a book immediately, this is one of the books :D! <3 Love it so much! <3

This book really does deserve the 4 - 5 stars that I am giving it! ENJOY! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)