Sunday 1 June 2014

Book Review - The Geography Of You And Me by Jennifer E. Smith


Title: The Geography of You and Me

Author: Jennifer E. Smith

Publication Date: 15th April 2014

Publisher: Poppy

Source: Purchased

Audience/Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance

Rating: 4 ☆ Out of 5 ☆



Summary from Goodreads: 


Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.

Review:

It's a known fact that I am a huge fan of contemporary romance and Jennifer E. Smith books. I was not able to purchase the book because my local bookstore didn't have it so I waited for approximately 2 months. Boy, was this book worth the wait.
☆☆☆
Firstly, I was already into this book because of the setting. I love traveling and the countries the characters were brought to were some of my favorite countries in the world. The fact that the main setting is New York City also made me even more excited to read this book. I think it was really cool how I was brought to so many countries in the world and was still connected to New York City. It made me feel that I was also going around the world with Owen and Lucy and I really enjoyed that.
☆☆☆

☆☆☆
Secondly, Lucy and Owen. Those beautiful characters. Both of them have their own past and stories. They're not perfect. They're far from it. But they're personalities fit each other to the very core. Personally, I think Lucy and Owen are my favorite couple among all three couples in the three contemporary romance stand alone books Jennifer has writter. The other two books being The Statistical Probability of Love and First Sight and This Is What Happy Looks Like. (Both I have also thoroughly enjoyed)
☆☆☆
☆☆
Thirdly, Plot Development. There was character growth. Sort of a climax and a good resolution. The right amount of young adult contemporary romantic moments. Just the perfect little book for someone to fall in love with love again.
☆☆☆
 
☆☆☆
Fourthly, bad parts. For a contemporary romance there aren't many bad 'parts' in this book. The characters were brilliant, the setting was perfect. If you asked me, the only thing I was a little skeptical about was the fact that the long distance relationship worked/would work. However, Jennifer E. Smith managed to make this relationship work throughout the book and I give her credit for making it believable and realistic in how a long distance relationship could work. 
☆☆☆
☆☆☆
Overall. Like Jennifer's previous two books, this book was such a beautiful romantic book for me. I adore it. Everything weaved together really perfectly. Do go read it and love it like I do.
☆☆☆
☆☆☆
*All pictures and graphics do not belong to me.
** All opinions are mine and mine only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)