Wednesday 25 June 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #4 - Percy Jackson's Greek Gods


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection by me is:




Percy Jackson's Greek Gods



Author: Rick Riordan

Publication Date: 19th August 2014

Publisher: Disney Hyperion

Page Count: 336 Pages
(Hardcover)






Summary from Goodreads: 

A publisher in New York asked me to write down what I know about the Greek gods, and I was like, Can we do this anonymously? Because I don't need the Olympians mad at me again. But if it helps you to know your Greek gods, and survive an encounter with them if they ever show up in your face, then I guess writing all this down will be my good deed for the week.

So begins Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, in which the son of Poseidon adds his own magic--and sarcastic asides--to the classics. He explains how the world was created, then gives readers his personal take on a who's who of ancients, from Apollo to Zeus. Percy does not hold back. "If you like horror shows, blood baths, lying, stealing, backstabbing, and cannibalism, then read on, because it definitely was a Golden Age for all that." Dramatic full-color illustrations throughout by Caldecott Honoree John Rocco make this volume--a must for home, library, and classroom shelves--as stunning as it is entertaining.

Percy Jackson is one of my favorite series ever so of course this is on my Waiting on Wednesday :) Also, look at that summary! It's so funny already! I cannot wait to read about the Greek Myths written by Rick Riordan! Do go and check out the Percy Jackson series if you have the chance and get this book when it comes out!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I didn't know, that there is going to be something else with Percy Jackson.
    I definitely have to get my hands on this one! I absolutely loved the series and I am eager to read more.
    Thanks for sharing and I hope you get to enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my post and for commenting :) I really look forward to your comments here every week! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Percy Jackson series! This one is definitely going on my TBR list! Thanks so much for sharing! Here's my Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks for taking a look at my post:)

      Delete
  3. Yay an illustrated Percy Jackson! I hope they'll be better than the movies ;)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Hopefully haha:) Thanks for taking a look at my WOW:)

      Delete

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)