Wednesday 17 December 2014

Top 10 Favorite Books Read in 2014 - 2014 Edition (Day 1)


Hey everyone! Can you believe that 2014 is finally ending? Are you guys excited for next year? Since its the end of the year, I've decided to start a Top 10 2014 edition for my favorite book things of the year. In this edition the theme will be 'Top 10 Favorite Books Read in 2014"! This list only involved the books that I have read this year. My Top 10 Favorite Books of All Time post will only be up on the 30th of December so do wait for it! :)  

On a side note, I wanted to do a top 14 edition actually but I felt that it would be too much as I really wanted to make this an exclusive list so I chose to make a top 10 edition instead. Also, I have also decided to include rereads in this list - actually there's only one reread and that's Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. 

Lastly, I am going away for 2 weeks from next week onwards, I am scheduling this post in advance, as such this list of favorite books will only be out of the 60 books I have read all year, as of the 2nd of December 2014. These books are still really wonderful though and all of them deserve to be here on this list! 

Without further ado, I present to you my 'Top 10 Favorite Books Read in 2014". This list is in no particular order.

------

1. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

Rating: 10 (Flawless and Beautiful)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: This book is my favorite book of the year and the only one that I have given a perfect 10 rating. It possesses angst, romance, family love and everything I never knew I needed in my life. Refer to the link above for my full review of this unbelievably gorgeous book.





2. Avery by Charlotte McConaghy

Rating: 9 (Damn Close to Perfection)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: Charlotte McConaghy has always been one of my all time favorite authors and I have enjoyed all the books that I've read of hers. From her Strangers of Paragor series to her the Cure series and now to her Chronicles of Kaya series, I have thoroughly enjoyed and adored every single one of her books. Refer to the link above for my full review of this wildly addicting book.




3. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Rating: 8.5 (Excellent - Damn Close to Perfection)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: The last of the TMI series is something that I will never get over. I grew up with these guys and watched them become wonderful strong beautiful people. Cassandra Clare's growth in terms of her writing is also something commendable as her writing improves so much that in this book its like writing a freeform poem half the time. Refer to the link above for my full review of this book.




4. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Rating: 8 (Excellent)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: All I can say is go in without knowing anything and I promise you will be mindblown. Refer to the link above for my full review of this book.






5. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Rating: 9.5 (Damn Close to Perfection - Flawless and Beautiful)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: I actually only started reading the series this year although I've been collecting the series all this while. I never thought I would even like this series but Sarah's writing and the world building and the character development was so fantastic that I couldn't help but fall in love with this series. :) No review is available for this book.




6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Rating: 8 (Excellent - Damn Close to Perfection)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: Etienne St. Clair. France. Boarding School. What more do I need to say? No review is available for this book.






7. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan


Rating: 8 (Excellent)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: Another end to another fantastic series. This book really struck me hard because I spent 7 years with Percy in my life and it truly hit me hard when I reached the final page, realizing that my time with all the characters was over. I will never forget any of these beautiful babies. Especially you Percy, you're still my favorite. Refer to the link above for my full review of this book.




8. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Rating: 7 (Great)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: This book basically involves a kickass heroine and an equally kickass hero. Both are really smart too. It isn't my favorite book of all time but I think its still a great read anyway. Refer to the link above for my full review of this book.




9. Cress by Marissa Meyer

Rating: 7 (Great)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoy the Lunar Chronicles series and this book is no exception. Also, in this book we ares exposed to new characters such as Cress who I thoroughly love, as well as the Captain who oh my gosh is one of my fantasies. Refer to the link above for my full review of this book.




10. Angelfall by Susan Ee 

Rating: 8 (Excellent)

Links: Review/Goodreads

Thoughts: Angel themed books are actually one of my least favorite genres of all time but I surprisingly enjoyed and even fell in love with it. Angelfall and World After are certainly two of the highlights of this year for me and I cannot wait for the last book of this trilogy!





-------

That's it from me! This took way too much time though haha! Do look out for my Top 10 post tomorrow! The theme will be 'Top 10 Favorite male characters of all time'! Do join me in creating this top 10 2014 end year series if you would like to and please comment down below to your top 10! I would be most glad and excited to look at it :)


------
*All pictures and graphics do not belong to me. I take no credit for any of it.
** All opinions are mine and are in no way influenced by anyone or anything.
*** The rankings here are based on my new ranking system which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)