Thursday 18 December 2014

Top 10 Favorite Male Characters of All Time - 2014 Edition (Day 2)


Hey everyone! This is the 2nd part of my top 10 2014 edition series. The link to the first part (Top 10 Favorite Books Read in 2014 - 2014 Edition) is here. Once I have finished the entire series I will post all the links in one post. It will be out on the 27th of December 2014. Do look out for it!

On another note, this post is sort of a follow up to this other post where I posted my top 14 fictional boyfriends of all time. I have not looked at that post and will not. At least not until after I finish this. I don't think there would be a huge difference to the two lists but we'll see. I'll talk about the similarities/differences at the end of this post. :) (Also, this list only includes my book baes and not those from my other fandoms.)

Without further ado, I present to you my 'Top 10 Favorite Male Characters of All Time". This list is in no particular order.

------

1. Alexander Lightwood

Series: The Mortal Instruments 

Author: Cassandra Clare

Thoughts: I did say that this list was in no particular order but I could not NOT put Alec on top and I admit that he is my favorite male character of all time. I love his character development in the TMI series as well as his relationship with Magnus (which is my all time OTP). I love how he used to be so shy and self conscious but now he's like a fearless man who loves freely as he wants. I will always love this sweet cheeks.


2. Magnus Bane

Series: The Mortal Instruments 

Author: Cassandra Clare

Thoughts: MAGNUS MY BABY! With his eccentric fashion sense to his sarcastic moments, I just love him so. Be good to my Alec will you. :)


3. Jace Herondale

Series: The Mortal Instruments 

Author: Cassandra Clare

Thoughts: Jace Freaking Herondale is perfect. He is sassy, sarcastic, funny, hot, intelligent, and love-worthy. Actually scratch that. All Herondales are love-worthy.


4. Finnick Odair

Series: The Hunger Games

Author: Suzanne Collins

Thoughts: I love me some Finnick. You should too.


5. Will Herondale

Series: The Infernal Devices

Author: Cassandra Clare

Thoughts: He's a Herondale. Need I explain more? 


6. Noah Sweetwine

Book: I'll Give You the Sun

Author: Jandy Nelson

Thoughts: The newest entry to this list would be this Noah. Noah is artsy and sweet and vulnerable and I love him so very much. He's one of those characters who you just want to protect and hide all the time but would also want to show him to the rest of the world because this boy is perfection.


7. Noah Shaw

Series: Mara Dyer

Author: Michelle Hodkin

Thoughts: Noah Shaw is flawless. Noah Shaw is perfect. Noah Shaw is love. Go read the Mara Dyer series and find out how wonderful he is for yourself. There are not enough words in this world to describe this beautiful boy.


8. Draco Malfoy

Series: Harry Potter

Author: J.K. Rowling

Thoughts: My first fictional boy crush was Draco and after all this time I still cannot get over him and his super sassiness. Did I mention that he's also really hot. :P


9. Etienne St. Clair

Series: Anna and the Fench Kiss

Author: Stephanie Perkins

Thoughts: American dude with British accent studying in French Boarding School (If I remember correctly). What's more he's sassy, beautiful, smart, sweet and loving. Of course I love him.


10. Percy Jackson

Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Author: Rick Riordan

Thoughts: Asides from Draco, Percy was one of my first fictional crushes too. I loved him for all his quirks and imperfections and his personality and his blue-loving soul. Percy will always remain in my heart. Could never let him go. He's far too precious after all.

Bonus

11. Nico Di Angelo

Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Author: Rick Riordan

Thoughts: Because it would break my heart if I left my baby out of this list.


-------

Let's see now. Compared to the list I made in April, there are 8 similarities:
  • Alexander Lightwood from the Mortal Instruments series
  • Magnus Bane from the Mortal Instruments series
  • Jace Herondale from the Mortal Instruments series
  • Will Herondale from the Mortal Instruments series
  • Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series
  • Finnick Odair from the Hunger Games series
  • Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter series
  • Etienne St. Clair from the Anna and the French Kiss series

As for the differences, the few that appeared in the previous list but not today's list include:
  • Levi from Fangirl
  • Captain Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles series
  • Tobias Eaton (Four) from the Divergent series
  • Fang from the Maximum Ride series
  • Fred Weasley from the Harry Potter series
  • Augustus Waters from the Fault in Our Stars

In exchange, the newest of my top 10 that did not appear in the April list include:
  • Noah Sweetwine from I'll Give You the Sun
  • Noah Shaw from the Mara Dyer series
  • Nico Di Angelo from the Percy Jackson series

That's it from me! This took way too much time though haha! Do look out for my Top 10 post tomorrow! The theme will be 'Top 10 Favorite female characters of all time'! Do join me in creating this top 10 2014 end year series if you would like to and please comment down below to your top 10! I would be most glad and excited to look at it :)


------
*All pictures and graphics do not belong to me. I take no credit for any of it.
** All opinions are mine and are in no way influenced by anyone or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)